The 8th annual ILAGO Information Literacy Summit will be held May 10, 2014 at Linn Benton Community College campus in Albany, OR. The theme for this year’s IL Summit is “IL for Everyone.”
The Summit typically has 60-80 attendees who come from many areas of practice (higher ed, public, K-12) and are eager to hear new ideas and ways to approach information literacy. We invite you to submit proposals for panels, presentations, discussions on best practices, and other programs.
We are particularly interested in presentations that focus on collaboration on information literacy between and within different types of libraries and groups, such as:
· Partnerships between public libraries and K-20 schools
· Collaboration between library and non-library faculty in academic and school libraries
· Information literacy initiatives or programs to meet workforce needs
· Ways to cross-fertilize to expand critical thinking and information literacies across K-20
· Teaching IL with new tools, shared ILS/SUMMIT catalog
Programs should be designed to run for a total of 45 minutes including Q&A.
Program proposals will be accepted until Monday, March 3, 2014.
Please submit your proposals here: IL Summit Proposal Form
We look forward to seeing everyone, details on the schedule will follow soon.
Reference & Instruction Librarian